Monday, December 5, 2011

Amazing Professor

I LOVE my Sociology Class!  I find it incredibly interesting.  My professor, Professor Childs, is only about 28 years old, it is the first and only class that he's ever taught, and he is AMAZING!  You can tell he truly and genuinely cares about his students.  We have a class of 120+, and he literally knows the name of EVERY student in our class.  Not only does he know their names, he knows little jokes he's had with them since the first day of class.  He calls on everyone by name, even the students who are not "regular callers" as he would call them (those who do not speak up in class).  Whenever the teacher evaluations comes out he BEGS us to take them, because he wants to be as best for us as he can be.  After the first evaluation results were given to him, he took half of a class discussing the issues (very few) that some students had with him.  He told us he was sorry for those and he was going to try and improve himself.  One of the best things about Professor Childs is he is sooo funny!  The best thing is, he doesn't even try!
Instead of just lecturing us day after day from powerpoint slides he assigns us reading homework, and quizzes us on the reading to make sure we have done them.  The readings are sociological studies or journals, and to many people that would sound very boring, but he makes to pick readings that are incredibly interesting and thought provoking.

1 comment:

  1. So lucky! My dance teacher kind of reminds me of that. To be honest, all of the teachers I have this semester I like because I can tell that they love to teach. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete