Monday, December 5, 2011

The Quality of BYU Students

I am continually shocked by the quality of people that are here at BYU.  I'm not used to being surrounded by people with high moral integrity.  Back home, I was the person that most people looked to for an example, I knew that, and I knew that they needed someone so my goal was to be "that person" for them.  Since I've been at school, it has been an extreme humbling experience.  This humbling experience is different in nature though, because most of the time humbling experiences come in a negative sort of light, but I am truly grateful for this experience.
I am learning so much about life and the Gospel from those around me.  I can learn something from every person that I come in-contact with.  It also seems that every person is great at everything, and at first it may seem scary, but I can't help to be in awe of the amount of effort that means that people put into their lives.  BYU students are used to being the cream of the crop back home, and here all the creams are put together and they produce a very successful harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment