Monday, December 5, 2011

An Undiscovered Treasure


Brigham Young University is full of secret and undiscovered treasures around every corner.  I recently discovered a place that captivated me for hours on end.  One day I was walking in the Smith Field House with a few of my friends.  We came across a door that was pushed ajar, so we decided to check it out.  Upon entering, we couldn’t believe our eyes as we gazed upon a room of complete and utter fun.   We had stumbled upon the gymnastics training room.  The first thing that caught our attention were the giant foam pits that awaited us.  Next to the pits were trampolines that allowed for fancy dives and flips into the foam pit.  We spent so much time performing “acrobatic” tricks and then jumping into the cushy pit.  My friend and I were curious as to how deep the foam pit was, so we started digging.  We dug for what seemed like forever and still saw no sign of the bottom of the pit! In the room there were also balance beams, high poles, and other gymnastic equipment.  I’m not sure if the gymnastics room is always open to the public, but since the door was ajar it was open to us for the moment.  If someone wanted a crazy, fun, random adventure I would suggest to them to go to the gymnastics room and see for themselves how great this location is.


1 comment:

  1. That is open to the public? Whaaaat? That would be so fun! Lucky...

    ReplyDelete